It’s no secret that the COVID-19 pandemic drastically altered the world’s approach to work — and life. Cox has long offered flexible work options; and at the onset of the pandemic, many of our employees who were able to do so began working remotely to ensure safety and cooperation with government mandates.
And now, you may be wondering what the future of work at Cox looks like. Every person has different working styles and preferences – and we aim to empower teams to work where they are most comfortable. Many roles require working in physical locations (for example, retail stores and auto auction facilities) but for those that can be performed remotely, we’re offering flexibility.
There are still many unknowns right now, but our commitment to employee happiness will stay the same. Keep scrolling to learn about our approach in the months ahead.
Will Cox continue to offer remote jobs?
Yes! We have many remote positions available across our family of businesses, spanning experience levels and functions. On the job search page, you can use the “Remote Jobs” filter to view positions that are remote. Speak to your recruiter about remote options and our Flex Forward policies.
Are all Cox employees returning to in-person work?
Many Cox employees have been successfully working from home since the onset of the pandemic. We have asked that these employees continue to do so until Oct. 18, 2021, at which time we will begin to offer flexible work arrangements, including returning to the office again. We’re calling our approach “Flex Forward” and we’re empowering teams to make decisions around what combination of in-person and remote work will work best to balance work and life. As we approach this date, we will keep employees informed regarding any changes or updates.
We prioritize safety, as well as giving our people the flexibility they need to work where they are most comfortable; be it at home or at one of our beautiful campuses. We encourage you to discuss this during your interview to find a solution that works best.
What safety protocols are in place at Cox’s locations?
We recognize the continued need for safety practices, and we adhere to guidelines outlined by the CDC. In accordance with CDC guidance, we require face coverings be worn indoors when in an area of substantial or high transmission. As we have done throughout the pandemic, we will always follow any local, city and state ordinances — whichever is the most stringent.
To ensure that employees who are on our campuses are in a safe work environment, we will continue to:
- Require reduced capacity throughout shared spaces
- Take extra care to thoroughly clean and disinfect our campuses, particularly “high touch” surfaces such as entrances, restrooms, elevators, stairwells, break rooms, lounges, etc.
- Supply face masks, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes and spray disinfectants in as many areas as possible
- Install signage to promote safety protocols and social distancing
Are employees required to get the COVID-19 vaccine?
Beginning Oct. 18, 2021, we will require anyone wishing to work in or visit any of our highly concentrated administrative offices – including our Atlanta campus and surrounding buildings – to be fully vaccinated. Exemptions will be considered for employees who cannot be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons.
As we have throughout the pandemic, we will continue to work with federal, state and local health officials to monitor the impact of COVID-19. Keeping our employees safe and reducing the spread of the virus remains our highest priority.
When are new Cox employees required to get the vaccine?
Effective Oct. 18, newly hired employees who are assigned to work in Cox locations that require vaccinations will need be fully vaccinated unless they’ve received a medical or religious accommodation exempting them from the vaccine requirement.
How are new hires expected to submit their proof of vaccine?
New hires, with start dates prior to Oct. 18, will have the opportunity to submit proof of vaccination to a secure electronic system managed by Cox’s Enterprises Security team.
What on-campus facilities will be open when employees resume in-person work?
Many of our employees are excited to experience our beautiful campus facilities again, including our world-class on-site fitness centers, cafes with 5-star dining options, greenspaces, game rooms and more. These facilities and others will be opened on a building-by-building basis, based on the discretion of our leadership teams, and we will continue to update employees as decisions are made.
For both food and fitness facilities, we plan on offering limited services through December 2021 and hope to resume full operations in January 2022, pending pandemic levels and CDC guidelines.
What benefits and resources does Cox offer employees to assist with physical health, mental health, work-life balance and family needs during this time?
We’re always proud to offer amazing employee benefits, but times of difficulty like COVID-19 remind us how important it is to take care of each other. Here are a few examples of how we’re doing just that:
- Offering flexible scheduling – Working with their leaders, Cox employees are able to determine what flexible arrangements they need to balance their work and personal obligations. There are three primary options for flexing your work schedule:
- Flexible schedule: You may adjust the start and end times of your workday. Flexible schedules often involve adjusting the schedule around a set of core business hours to ensure business needs are met.
- Block schedule: You schedule “blocks” of time throughout the day that you will be working that allows you to meet personal and business needs.
- Compressed work week: If available in your state, you complete the workweek schedule in fewer than five days by working four, 10-hour days and have a day off in that workweek schedule. Other compressed work week options may be available based on your role or employee status.
- Offering free access to Openfit – Cox employees receive free membership to this exercise and nutrition app, which offers live and on-demand classes
- Offering free access to Headspace – Cox employees receive free membership to this sleep and meditation app
- Offering free counseling in person, or through chat, text, phone or video – We take mental wellness very seriously. Cox employees have access to a variety of free counseling resources.
- Offering Care@Work – All full-time and part-time employees in Canada and the U.S., including Puerto Rico, can access a complimentary membership to Care.com’s premium digital offering. Employees can search this community to find in-home childcare or day care, senior care for elder family members, pet sitting, housekeeping, tutoring and even personal assistants.
- Offering free preschool resources – Cox employees nationwide can access free online preschool through the Atlanta Speech School, a Cox community partner.
For general questions on our hiring process, please visit our FAQ page.