January is Financial Wellness Month — a perfect time to reflect on your financial goals and what you can do to start the new year on the right foot. Beyond getting your budget back on track after an expensive holiday season, true financial wellness is about having the right tools to plan for the future. That’s where Cox comes in.
At Cox, we strive to be a place where people can say their life is well spent — and that extends beyond finding purpose at work. We’re committed to helping employees reach their financial goals at every stage — like handling student loans, supporting their families and planning for retirement.
“We’re always looking at a host of benefits we can implement based on what is important to employees, and ways that we can help make life a little bit less daunting,” said RJ Egnor, senior director of benefits at Cox Enterprises. “We take employee feedback seriously and try to design programs that meet people’s needs and give them flexibility.”
What financial benefits and resources do we offer?
We offer an array of benefits to help you take control of your finances, prepare for the unexpected and make progress toward your financial goals. In addition to generous compensation, we offer:
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match; in addition to traditional pre-tax contributions, employees also have the flexibility to make after-tax, or Roth, contributions into their Cox retirement plan.
- Generous bonus and incentive plans.
- Financial education and counseling services, including free access to My Money 101 by Truist Momentum, an in-depth financial education literacy program.
- Student debt assistance services, including a brand-new benefit in 2024: access to a personalized student debt program called Candidly.
- Tuition reimbursement for courses at any accredited educational institution.
- Exclusive discounts on computers, entertainment, travel and more.
- Discounted Cox cable/Internet, where available.
“We don’t take the foot off the pedal on the design of the 401(k) plan,” RJ said. “Our retirement readiness outpaces benchmarks because of the generosity of the plan and we’re well above the Fortune 500 average in the plan design.”
“There are countless reasons to love my job, but I am specifically drawn to the tuition reimbursement benefits," said Blair Stone, learning & development specialist at Cox Automotive. “Cox has taken all the financial stress off my shoulders.”